Php photo gallery TWG | JFUploader | TWG Flash upload | WFU | Forum

Get help for TinyWebGallery, the best image gallery. The forum is also home for the Joomla JFUploader, TWG Flash Uploader and the Wordpress flash uploader.
It is currently 7. Oct 2024, 12:28

This forum is readonly now. Please use the new forum if you don't find the answer to your question here. The new forum is at https://www.tinywebgallery.com/blog/forum/

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14. Jan 2010, 11:40 

Hi! First of all the gallery is perfect, a little difficult, but i think it's because i am an amateur. And second sorry for my bad English.

I have a client (pff a friend of my mother), he want's a site, a front page and a gallery. I am working on TWG cause the script meets the requirements for having a different background for every gallery. I talked the guy to buy the script, but he wants to see final results first. So please see if you can help me with this so we can both win (talking to the creator).

The problem is, the resizing of the background. I am using version TWG 1.7.8.1, PHP Version 5.2.12, Linux

I've tried everything, different image sizes, different options at the config file, i checked all topics and FAQ for the problem but i can't fix it. The background image is not what we want. It is best (but not perfect) seen at 1280x1024. At other resolutions the bottom part of the image is not seen, plus at wide screens i can see only the top of the picture.

My settings are:
$background_default_image= (i want different backgrounds for every page, that's why i don't have default image)
$use_dynamic_background=true
$use_resized_background = true
$resized_background_tolerance=10 (many values changed here, same result)
$resize_only_if_too_small=false

I played with this options 2 days, and i can't make it. Please tell me can it be done. You can see the gallery at karlosite dot com slash gallery.

Thanks!

P.S. I also can't remove the borders around the thumbnails for folder, it will be nice if you tell me how.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Jan 2010, 15:40 
Site Admin

You simply put a back.png into the folder?
What do you expect?

$resized_background_tolerance=10
is only because creating a dynamic backround is expensive - so I generate backgrounds in different resolutions. and if the needed one os already generated it is reused. So don't make this value too small.

About the border of the thumbnails:
$hide_overview_image_border = true;

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Jan 2010, 15:55 

Thank you so much for your fast response.

$hide_overview_image_border=true; this is set long ago no effect as you can see, but that's not the biggest problem.

About the background:

Yes i put back.png in every folder.
I expect to see the hole background image in every resolution, not only at 1280x1024. I've tried different picture (back.png) resolutions, with different monitor resolutions and i never get the effect. If you open the site with different resolutions you will notice that with some of them the bottom of the image is gone. It's ok to cut a little but at, let's say 800x600 i miss half of the background picture.

Can i make it to load some css for the background (if yes what) or may be to create a different back.png for every resolution?

Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14. Jan 2010, 16:18 
Site Admin

$hide_overview_image_border is not working currently. I will fix this in the RC4 of the forum.

About the background - for me it seems to work.

You have always to remember if you resize the browser. Than you need one extra request because the new size of the browser is detected during the first request and for the 2nd request is is than generated right.

And you have th remember that the x/Y factors has to stay the same as well. so if you make your browser yery high you need a bigger image to fill the whole browser. I would recommend to increase the tolerance
$resized_background_tolerance=50;
to at least 50 because otherwise a lot of backrounds are generated!

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Jan 2010, 15:02 

Hi Micheal!

Thank you for the answer. I was busy and couldn't look at the gallery, but i have an idea. If i make a back.php is TWG gonna read it? I want to create php that print a different back.png for every resolution. This way i can make different back.png for every resolution the way i like it!

Is my idea even possible? I will find someone to write me the code or i will try making it my self, but tell me will it work?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25. Jan 2010, 23:57 
Site Admin

Why should TWG read a back.php?

TWG does already create a different image for different resolutions.
How many images do you want to create manually? 5000?
Because you would have to cover each resolution...

- Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Jan 2010, 17:41 

Yes actually! I am going to make different back.png for most of the resolutions (10 - 15) it's fast with PS. I know it's tera stupid, but that guy don't like the resize that is now "i want to see the full picture bla bla bla". :@

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26. Jan 2010, 17:47 
Site Admin

Still does not make sense because you can never cover all resolutions. One thing which is maybe useful is the following that only the width of the resolution is used and the height is always filled with a given background color - so that the width will always fit.

- Michael